Biological dentistry, often called natural or holistic dentistry, is growing in popularity. Holistic dentistry is the practice of diagnosing, preventing, treating, and maintaining oral health using natural therapies.
The biological dentist understands that the mouth and body are connected and that illness or disease that occurs inside the body is reflected orally and vice versa. Factors like stress, diet, and sleep patterns have a direct impact on oral inflammation and disease. The biological dentist assesses a patient’s entire state of physical and emotional health before deciding on treatments.
We look at our patients holistically and help to improve their immune system, health and performance by providing a good overview of the dental health thanks to modern dental diagnostics and providing competent and holistic advice to our patients – also thanks to our close cooperation with the medical department.
If you are being looked after medically outside of our clinic, we also like to work directly with your doctor or therapist.
In short, we combine the achievements of modern dental medicine with the principles of biological medicine. This means:
- We discuss your needs in detail, so that you can advise your dentist competently and respond to their specifics
- We work metal-free and thus avoid a toxic load
- We do not perform root canal treatments and have the latest tests to detect dental sources (Rantes and digital 3D X-ray)
- We avoid antibiotics so as not to weaken the immune system
- We use ozone and Sanum medicines to treat the infections
- We use PRGF (patient’s own growth factors) very successfully to improve healing
- We always use a pulsating magnetic field to strengthen the self-healing powers of the patient
- At your request, we work closely with the medical department or their attending physician.
Teeth – Cause Of Chronic Diseases
The teeth are part of the body system and not just tools for shredding the food. When teeth are diseased, it affects other organs and bodily functions. Many chronic diseases are caused by dental problems. This is especially known for diseases such as neuralgia, chronic sinusitis, headaches and back and joint diseases.
Therefore, dentistry is an integral part of biological medicine. Dr. Rau realized early in his career that almost every medical condition is accompanied by a dental disorder. For example, in breast cancer Rau notes that a large proportion of cases are accompanied by chronic inflammation of the teeth, so-called “foci”. It is not the exception, but the rule that dental health is crucial for the recovery of patients.
If you have further questions about why we treat our patients with biological dentistry as holistic and successful, you are very welcome to come to one of our information evenings